A HOMELESS man in Malaga has nearly been burnt alive by a couple who torched the car he slept in, police say.
The 43-year-old Spaniard has second degree burns on his legs and stomach after the incident on Sunday at around 7:30am.
He is now being treated in the Burns Unit of the Carlos Haya Hospital.
The car where the shocking attack took place was abandoned in the Llano de Doña Trinidad area of the city on a disused plot.
- Murdered Irish drug dealer who had €200k debts found buried next to Costa Blanca motorway
- Costa del Sol policeman gets 18-month sentence for drink driving and faces charge for fatal accident
- Dog walker finds dead ‘narco’ washed up on Costa del Sol beach after high speed police chase
Neighbours claimed the vehicle is a hub for drug users and that people can enter the site via a section of fence that has been removed.
“A lot of homeless people come here and that car has been abandoned there for a long time,” locals told the Sur.
They added that the burned man only woke up when he could smell petrol and feel the flames reach his legs.
Police said they now have witnesses who saw the alleged perpetrators of the crime enter the area through the removed section of fence.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59