JOSE Mourinho has been handed a one-year prison sentence for tax fraud in Spain, but he will not serve any time.
The ex-Manchester United manager struck a deal with prosecutors, agreeing to pay a €182,500-penalty on top of a separate €2m-fine to avoid prison.
In Spain convicts usually don’t do time for sentences under two years if they are first-time or non-violent offenders.
The 53-year-old Portuguese’s crime relates to tax fraud in 2011 and 2012, while coaching Spanish side real Madrid.
He is accused of owing €3.3m to the Spanish tax authorities after it is alleged he had offshore companies to manage his earnings.
It comes after fellow ex-Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was given a 23-month prison sentence and an €18.8m fine for tax evasion.
Fellow Los Blancos footballer Xabi Alonso, who played alongside Ronaldo under Mourinho, is also accused of tax fraud.
However, unlike the Portuguese pair, Alonso maintains his innocence, yet could face a possible five years in prison.
Mourinho’s representatives did not comment on the case.
The Portugal man left Manchester United in December after he was sacked following a poor run of form.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25