JOSE Mourinho has been handed a one-year prison sentence for tax fraud in Spain, but he will not serve any time.
The ex-Manchester United manager struck a deal with prosecutors, agreeing to pay a €182,500-penalty on top of a separate €2m-fine to avoid prison.
In Spain convicts usually don’t do time for sentences under two years if they are first-time or non-violent offenders.
The 53-year-old Portuguese’s crime relates to tax fraud in 2011 and 2012, while coaching Spanish side real Madrid.
He is accused of owing €3.3m to the Spanish tax authorities after it is alleged he had offshore companies to manage his earnings.
It comes after fellow ex-Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo was given a 23-month prison sentence and an €18.8m fine for tax evasion.
Fellow Los Blancos footballer Xabi Alonso, who played alongside Ronaldo under Mourinho, is also accused of tax fraud.
However, unlike the Portuguese pair, Alonso maintains his innocence, yet could face a possible five years in prison.
Mourinho’s representatives did not comment on the case.
The Portugal man left Manchester United in December after he was sacked following a poor run of form.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59