A MAN, 43, has been arrested in Spain after police found the body of his girlfriend chopped up in a freezer.
The 22-year-old Spanish woman has been missing since September 2017, but her mother did not report her missing until December 2018.
Agents of the National Police found the severed corpse in a cold store unit at a house in Alcalá de Henares, Madrid on Thursday evening.
The Spanish suspect was arrested on Friday morning and is now in custody waiting to be interrogated.
Local reports claim the man told police the girl no longer lived with him, and initially refused to let them in.
He is the tenant of the house where the woman was found and police do not have a criminal record for him.
If this case is confirmed as gender violence, it would mark the 8th killing of a woman by a partner or ex-partner in 2019.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59