SPANISH Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez is considering calling early elections on April 14, a government source has revealed.
The state-owned Spanish news agency EFE reported the news on Monday, after speaking to an unidentified source.
It comes as the Spanish parliament is set to vote on Sanchez’s 2019 budget on Wednesday.
The ruling PSOE party do not have an overall majority and are supported in government by the Podemos.
This latest news comes after the former leader of Andalucia, Susana Diaz, brought forward the local elections of the region to December 2 last year.
The result of that election was the ruling PSOE Socialist party being kicked out of Andalucia after controlling the region for 36 years.
A right-wing coalition of the PP and Ciudadanos, supported by far-right party Vox, is now in power in Spain’s most populous region.
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36
- TRAVEL CHAOS: London Gatwick IT meltdown sees 12 flights cancelled as Spain passenger ‘trapped’ beyond gate - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 12:29
- REVEALED: Marbella Senior Masters lineup sees tennis legends set to battle it out on Costa del Sol THIS SUMMER - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31