POLICE have now detained a British model and issued a European Arrest Warrant for an Irishman over the brutal killing of a drug dealer in Spain.
Dad-of-two, Carl Carr, 38, was found found dead and buried next to a motorway on the Costa Blanca earlier this month.
The Dublin man had previously been arrested in 2008 over a €1.25million haul of cocaine and heroin.
Now Carl’s ex-girlfriend, British model Mily Leonard, 23, has been arrested in connection with his murder.
Leonard’s partner Wayne Walsh was also arrested and is suspected of beating Carr to death with a knuckleduster and then using bleach to get rid of the evidence.
Another British expat, Natalie Edwards, was also detained by police, and at least one of the women is now being investigated for possession of illegal weapons, after police found a 9mm pistol at a property.
Another British woman was arrested on suspicion of making a false statement, while a Spanish handyman was also held on concealment charges.
Police have also now issued a European Arrest Warrant for an unidentified 26-year-old Irishman, but have not provided more details.
Police say that Carr was killed as part of a ‘love triangle’ dispute that involved Walsh’s ex-girlfriend.
This backs up Carr’s mother’s claims, as she said her son’s killing was not to do with drugs.
Police have now said they think that Walsh killed Carr after he found out that Leonard had a fling with the convicted drug dealer.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25