POLICE have now detained a British model and issued a European Arrest Warrant for an Irishman over the brutal killing of a drug dealer in Spain.
Dad-of-two, Carl Carr, 38, was found found dead and buried next to a motorway on the Costa Blanca earlier this month.
The Dublin man had previously been arrested in 2008 over a €1.25million haul of cocaine and heroin.
Now Carl’s ex-girlfriend, British model Mily Leonard, 23, has been arrested in connection with his murder.
Leonard’s partner Wayne Walsh was also arrested and is suspected of beating Carr to death with a knuckleduster and then using bleach to get rid of the evidence.
Another British expat, Natalie Edwards, was also detained by police, and at least one of the women is now being investigated for possession of illegal weapons, after police found a 9mm pistol at a property.
Another British woman was arrested on suspicion of making a false statement, while a Spanish handyman was also held on concealment charges.
Police have also now issued a European Arrest Warrant for an unidentified 26-year-old Irishman, but have not provided more details.
Police say that Carr was killed as part of a ‘love triangle’ dispute that involved Walsh’s ex-girlfriend.
This backs up Carr’s mother’s claims, as she said her son’s killing was not to do with drugs.
Police have now said they think that Walsh killed Carr after he found out that Leonard had a fling with the convicted drug dealer.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59