FLOWERS are being planted, walls are being painted and the stream of excited guests is increasing day by day.
While the rest of the Costa del Sol is still in winter hibernation, Hacienda Beach in Estepona is gearing up for its busy summer season.
The family-run holiday rental complex is a hive of activity, as the final touches are being added to the pristine apartments, which sit just minutes from the beach.
“In two months, there will be nothing available and we will be fully booked,” says Julio, Hacienda Beach’s enthusiastic concierge.
And it’s not hard to see why.
With four types of apartment and an unbeatable coastal location, Hacienda Beach has something for everyone.
The open-plan two and three-bedroom ‘Garden Views’ apartments by the pool are perfect for families with children, and can sleep between four and eight people.
There is a playground and splash pool for little ones, a paddle court, and you can even bring the dog to one of the pet-friendly apartments.
The nearby Sonora Beach bar keeps the party going with live music every weekend, while the cultural hubs of Estepona town and Puerto Banus lie just 5 and 10 minutes away respectively.
Meanwhile, those looking to get even closer to the sea are treated to one of the Hacienda beach ‘Sea Views’ apartments, which offer unparalleled views of the blue Mediterranean.
These two-bedroom holiday homes sleep four to six people and are stone’s throw from the water’s edge.
“It’s completely up to you what you go for,” says Julio.
“There is a lovely family vibe in the summertime,” he adds. “The Chiringuito by the pool throws parties and barbeques, the kids eat ice cream and people lounge by the pool.”
All apartments are equipped with air conditioning, a spacious dining and living area and a modern kitchen.
Hacienda Beach is currently hosting golfers here for the winter period, but will soon see hikers, surfers and padel players descend on the idyllic rental village.
Julio says guests venture from every corner of the globe to bag one of their sought-after rentals, including Hawaii, Poland, Canada, Finland and Argentina.
Even La Liga star, defender Martin Mantovani has paid a visit to the luxury apartment complex.
“The weather is beautiful here and there is always plenty to do,” says Julio.
Hacienda Beach have around 38 apartments for rent and with summer approaching they will be gone before you know it.
Prices start from just €40 a night and for information see www.haciendabeach.com/en.
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26
- Around 100 British expats in Spain flying to London for huge Brexit protest THIS SATURDAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:06