A HIGH-SPEED ferry will now get you from the Costa Blanca to Formentera in less than two hours, a Spanish shipping company has announced.
The newly-renovated Ramon Llull passenger ferry will depart from Denia, near Benidorm, and carry 500 passengers including any pets.
When the season opens on April 17 the boat will leave Denia at 9am, returning at 11pm from the smallest of the Balearic islands.
Services will be ramped up to 12-journeys a week come August before winding down as the tourist season ends in October.
Spanish shipping company Balearia invested €8 million to improve the Ramon Llull, which aside from increasing its speed by 30% and reducing emissions by 20% has given it an interior upgrade.
Passengers can enjoy a renovated on-board cafeteria, as well as entertainment and either Sirena, Neptuno or premium accommodation.
Formentera is famous for its idyllic, tranquil beaches and mud baths.
The news comes after Balearia announced the creation of the Mediterranean’s first ferry powered by natural gas, which will travel between Barcelona and Palma, Mallorca.
- Police capture guinea fowl that sent residents ‘crazy’ with its racket on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 16:23
- Naked effigies of Trump, Hitler, Stalin and Franco torched in Valencia’s Las Fallas festival - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 15:27
- IN PICS: raw sewage pumped out at three places off Nerja beaches - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 14:56
- EU offers Brexit extension until May if MPs support withdrawal deal next week - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:07
- British couple arrested for ‘leading’ huge marijuana network on Costa Blanca, caught with €216,000 of drugs including cannabis ‘jelly beans’, ‘jam’ and ‘cream chocolate spread’ - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 12:38
- Drones used for ‘first time’ in battle against toxic caterpillars on Costa Blanca - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 12:11
- Disabled British man found unconscious after ‘intense’ gas cylinder inferno on the Costa Blanca - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 18:17
- NOT A BIN: Plastic fills river on Costa Blanca just hours after a 20-tonne clean-up - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:45
- Benidorm’s legendary Tiki Beach bar re-opens… but now under name ‘Aloha Beach’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- IN PICS: eagle-owls and kestrels ELECTROCUTED by cables in crucial Spanish wetland - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 18:09