A HIGH-SPEED ferry will now get you from the Costa Blanca to Formentera in less than two hours, a Spanish shipping company has announced.
The newly-renovated Ramon Llull passenger ferry will depart from Denia, near Benidorm, and carry 500 passengers including any pets.
When the season opens on April 17 the boat will leave Denia at 9am, returning at 11pm from the smallest of the Balearic islands.
Services will be ramped up to 12-journeys a week come August before winding down as the tourist season ends in October.
Spanish shipping company Balearia invested €8 million to improve the Ramon Llull, which aside from increasing its speed by 30% and reducing emissions by 20% has given it an interior upgrade.
Passengers can enjoy a renovated on-board cafeteria, as well as entertainment and either Sirena, Neptuno or premium accommodation.
Formentera is famous for its idyllic, tranquil beaches and mud baths.
The news comes after Balearia announced the creation of the Mediterranean’s first ferry powered by natural gas, which will travel between Barcelona and Palma, Mallorca.
- Georgina Harvey, President of Original Charity Shop and Library in Javea, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:41
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51