IF you love interior design and are not afraid to use bold colours and patterns, you would have been in your element at this year’s Cevisama.
The only annual ceramic tile trade show which tracks European trends, statement-making designs were the clear star of the show, held in Valencia a few weeks ago.
“The trends for 2018 and 2019 follow the path they opened during last year’s trade fairs: risky products where colour and decoration are once again on show,” said a Cevisama spokesperson. “Small or large, the material is the protagonist: marbles, granites, large veined stones, flecked.. It is a good time for raw and also polished materials that are strengthened thanks to the growth of the worktops and projects sector.”
Here we have rounded up some of the most on-trend looks from the expo to make you smile as you restyle with tile.
The mottled surfaces and subtle veins of marble create a room that lives and breaths.
Hark back to the Art Deco era with a modern take on classic designs from the 1920s and 30s.
Dark and brooding
Dark, shadowy and watercolour effects on surfaces create spaces with an air of decadence and sophistication. Neutral, grey and black tones combine with cold white and blue to create dreamlike atmospheres.
Raw and rough, this industrial style takes its cue from geological rock formations of old and modern block design. Tiles featuring stone fragments, volcanic stones and igneous rocks such as granite are bang on trend right now.
Simple but creative designs which see classic ceramics and tiles revived for use in very unique ways.
A clear nod to pop art influences from the 1950s and 60s, this trend pairs vibrant coloured tiles with dark wooden furniture.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25