MALAGA was shaken by FOUR earthquakes last night.
The quakes happened between 8.42pm and 12.23am between Archidona and Villanueva del Trabuco, according to the National Geographic Institute.
Although only measuring between 1.7 and 2.1 on the Richter scale, residents felt shaking due to the epicenter being so close to the surface.
The first of the movements was recorded at 8.42pm in Villanueva del Trabuco, with a magnitude of just 1.7 on the Richter scale and was barely felt, but it was the beginning of a series of four earthquakes in just four hours in the same area.
The second was registered at 9.07pm in Archidona, reaching 2.1 on the Richter scale.
It was the biggest of the four and its epicenter was just three kilometres deep.
The third seismic movement came at 10.15pm with a magnitude of 1.8 on the Richter scale.
The fourth and last occurred at 12.23am, very close to the previous one, but a little further north.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29