MALAGA was shaken by FOUR earthquakes last night.
The quakes happened between 8.42pm and 12.23am between Archidona and Villanueva del Trabuco, according to the National Geographic Institute.
Although only measuring between 1.7 and 2.1 on the Richter scale, residents felt shaking due to the epicenter being so close to the surface.
The first of the movements was recorded at 8.42pm in Villanueva del Trabuco, with a magnitude of just 1.7 on the Richter scale and was barely felt, but it was the beginning of a series of four earthquakes in just four hours in the same area.
The second was registered at 9.07pm in Archidona, reaching 2.1 on the Richter scale.
It was the biggest of the four and its epicenter was just three kilometres deep.
The third seismic movement came at 10.15pm with a magnitude of 1.8 on the Richter scale.
The fourth and last occurred at 12.23am, very close to the previous one, but a little further north.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49