THE dead body found dumped on the Costa del Sol at the weekend had at least 10 gunshot wounds, police have revealed.
The yet unnamed man, 23, and a French national of Sub-Saharan origin, was left in the Guadalhorce industrial estate on Sunday.
His body was discovered by town hall employees at around 12.45pm at the back of a treatment plant, next to the Azucarera-Intelhorce motorway.
The violent death was immediately investigated by the murder squad of the Policia Nacional while forensics collected ten bullet casings from the scene.
A motive for the murder is not yet clear but police hope the casings can shed some light on who carried out the killing.
An autopsy on the body was performed at the Institute of Legal Medicine in Malaga yesterday.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29