POLICE have arrested five suspected gang members for the murder of a young man who was kidnapped in Estepona last October.
Brian Martos Carmona was targeted has he ate at Mister Noodles restaurant on Estepona’s promenade at around 10.45 pm on 2 October.
Carmona’s body was found an hour and a half later in Algeciras, a single shot had hit his arm before piercing both lungs and his heart.
The detainees, who will appear in front of a judge in Algeciras today, are all believed to be members of a violent drug gang.
Carmona had tried to escape his kidnappers, who opened fire while giving chase and sparked mass panic in the seaside town.
Witnesses at the time said the twenty-seven-year old was beaten over the head with a gun before being forced into a BMW X5 vehicle.
Cops believe the kidnap and murder may have been a settling of scores as Carmona was known to rob drugs from traffickers.
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Police in Spain free women held captive in Costa del Sol 24 – hour basement brothel - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 12:53