POLICE have arrested five suspected gang members for the murder of a young man who was kidnapped in Estepona last October.
Brian Martos Carmona was targeted has he ate at Mister Noodles restaurant on Estepona’s promenade at around 10.45 pm on 2 October.
Carmona’s body was found an hour and a half later in Algeciras, a single shot had hit his arm before piercing both lungs and his heart.
The detainees, who will appear in front of a judge in Algeciras today, are all believed to be members of a violent drug gang.
Carmona had tried to escape his kidnappers, who opened fire while giving chase and sparked mass panic in the seaside town.
Witnesses at the time said the twenty-seven-year old was beaten over the head with a gun before being forced into a BMW X5 vehicle.
Cops believe the kidnap and murder may have been a settling of scores as Carmona was known to rob drugs from traffickers.
- PICTURED: Female squaddie accused of ‘glassing’ army pal in the throat at Magaluf club - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 13:13
- Rival footie fans launch ‘Benidorm or Bust’ charity race to Spain in aid of teenage cancer battle - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:25
- Expat sprayed with ‘devil’s breath’ date rape drug on Spanish island and forced to empty bank account - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 11:11
- Easter travel chaos in Spain avoided after pilot strike called off - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Spain pledges support for Paris in wake of Notre Dame inferno - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 11:57
- FLIGHT CHAOS: Travel strikes across Spain mean HUNDREDS of flights cancelled over Easter - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- International experts unlock secrets of ancient ‘Stonehenge’ in southern Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 15:42
- Venezuelan ex-spy chief fights extradition from Spain to US - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 13:25
- British woman glassed in neck while partying on Spanish island - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 12:37
- Authorities accused of ignoring systematic abuse in Spain’s strawberry industry - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 12:11