GUARDIA Civil have arrested 21 people for cultivating and distributing illegal narcotics under a network of cannabis associations on the Costa Blanca, including two British ‘ring-leaders’.
The unnamed British couple distributed marijuana and hashish through four cannabis associations in Torrevieja, which reportedly had a combined membership of 6,000.
Guardia Civil also raided seven addresses in the city, including two private homes, and found €216,000 worth of narcotics, including three plantations of marijuana, 1.1 kg of methamphetamine, 25 kg of marijuana, 4.5 kg of hashish, 38 cigarettes and 541 g of hashish oil.
Among the haul were also found 11.6 kg of cannabis derivatives, including cream chocolate spread, muffins, jelly beans, jams, lollipops, biscuits and honey.
A total of 21 people have been arrested, with 17 men between the ages of 25 and 57 and of different nationalities (Spanish, Senegalese, Chadian, Dutch, Swiss, Russian and British) and four women, between 28 and 48 years of age and of Spanish, Canadian and British nationalities.
The authorities have refused bail for the British couple as the alleged ring-leaders of the organisation, who will await charges of drug trafficking and criminal organisation.
- Georgina Harvey, President of Original Charity Shop and Library in Javea, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:41
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51