GUARDIA Civil have arrested 21 people for cultivating and distributing illegal narcotics under a network of cannabis associations on the Costa Blanca, including two British ‘ring-leaders’.
The unnamed British couple distributed marijuana and hashish through four cannabis associations in Torrevieja, which reportedly had a combined membership of 6,000.
Guardia Civil also raided seven addresses in the city, including two private homes, and found €216,000 worth of narcotics, including three plantations of marijuana, 1.1 kg of methamphetamine, 25 kg of marijuana, 4.5 kg of hashish, 38 cigarettes and 541 g of hashish oil.
Among the haul were also found 11.6 kg of cannabis derivatives, including cream chocolate spread, muffins, jelly beans, jams, lollipops, biscuits and honey.
A total of 21 people have been arrested, with 17 men between the ages of 25 and 57 and of different nationalities (Spanish, Senegalese, Chadian, Dutch, Swiss, Russian and British) and four women, between 28 and 48 years of age and of Spanish, Canadian and British nationalities.
The authorities have refused bail for the British couple as the alleged ring-leaders of the organisation, who will await charges of drug trafficking and criminal organisation.
- Handler strike to affect ALL of Spain starting Easter Sunday - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 21:41
- British Pensioner followed by car for over an hour before attackers stole his €35,000 Rolex on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:53
- British man, 72, who tried to kill sleeping stepson with hammer jailed in Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:08
- Italian accused of raping 17-year-old British girl WALKS FREE from Valencian court as incident happened on Panamanian cruise ship - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 00:19
- BREAKING: Police reveal British woman, 84, committed suicide by jumping off a bridge in Javea - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 10:36
- British pensioner dies after falling off bridge in Javea on the Costa Blanca - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 21:53
- IN PICS: Four dogs found chained in abandoned house without food among rubbish and faeces on the Costa Blanca - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 19:23
- Rain to soak Alicante’s Semana Santa celebrations - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:58
- NOT RUSSIAN AROUND: Russian plane charged €20,000 to park at Alicante airport - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:08
- Spain’s Mercadona ditches single-use plastic bags - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:37