A CLAIRVOYANT has been sentenced to a year and three months for conning a disabled woman out of €13,000 on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
The victim, from Elche, gave all her savings to the soothsayer in an attempt to win back an ex-lover through the dark arts.
But she became trapped by destitution and death threats if she went to the Guardia Civil, and was even pressured into paying the clairvoyant to remove an evil eye she had been cursed with.
The woman suffered a 39% disability, according to Spain’s disability assessment procedure, and worked in a warehouse in Elche stacking boxes.
When she ran out of savings, the clairvoyant accompanied her to a car dealership to sell her vehicle, pocketing the cash to fund further love spells—which proved ineffective.
The seer was sentenced in Santa Pola’s Criminal Court 1, though it was not the first time she had faced trial—six years ago, charges were brought against her for offering a sex change in return for a pact with the devil.
That case was withdrawn by prosecutors, however, saying that the client should have known the clairvoyant’s claims were completely bogus.
The crimes this time around were committed during a three-month period beginning September 2013, and continued until the parents of the victim became aware of the fraud and brought in the authorities.
The clairvoyant was also ordered to return the €13,000 seen by Guardia Civil on bank transfers.
- WATCH: Videos pour in as ‘gota fria’ drenches Javea and Denia on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 00:52
- Marina Alta on RED ALERT as heavy rains cause flash floods along Spain’s Costa Blanca - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 00:05
- ‘Level 1 emergency’ declared as largest Easter storm in 73 years hits the Costa Blanca - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- Health Agency issues warning that Dutch cookies containing CANNABIS are being accidentally sold to children across Spain - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- Diver resuscitated after suffering heart attack off coast from Javea on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 00:18
- BREAKING: Foreign Office issues warning to Brits as strike set to hit EVERY Spanish airport this Easter - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:24
- Spain’s first two-headed floating wind turbine expected to become ‘lowest cost solution’ for renewable energy far from coastline - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- Handler strike to affect ALL of Spain starting Easter Sunday - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 21:41
- British Pensioner followed by car for over an hour before attackers stole his €35,000 Rolex on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:53
- British man, 72, who tried to kill sleeping stepson with hammer jailed in Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:08