OVER 60,000 elderly people live alone in Malaga, 70% of whom are women, new data has revealed.
In total 60,400 houses in the province are home to an over-65-year-old living alone (43,000 women), according to the Continuous Household Survey.
The report, by the National Institute of Statistics (INE), also found that 40% of all single-person households were inhabited by this group.
It also emerged that, of the 25 – 34 age group, around half live at home with their parents, with numbers having increased on 2017.
Meanwhile, of the 642,800 houses lived in, in 2018, the largest number were inhabited by two people.
Another finding was that 53% of 25 – 29-year-olds lived with their parents, while 24.7% of 30 – 34-year-olds did the same.
In Spain as a whole last year, 4,732,400 of people lived alone, 43.1% of whom are over 65, while 72% of that group are women.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08