THE leader of the far-right party Vox has echoed Donald Trump with a call to build a ‘great’ wall to stop immigrants coming to Spain.
Santiago Abascal called for a ‘insurmountable wall’ to be built at the borders of Spain’s north African enclaves to halt the ‘wave of illegal immigrants.’
Abascal argued Morocco should pay for the wall and soldiers at the borders should be given the ‘necessary orders’ to defend them.
The 42-year-old said: “Morocco is the one who sends us waves of clandestine immigrants to blackmail the European Union.”
Abascal also accused NGOs of collaborating with the ‘mafia’ to rescue people from the African coast for ‘human trade.’
Polls suggest Vox could be the first far-right party since the 1970s to win seats in the Spanish parliament at the upcoming general election.
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57