THE leader of the far-right party Vox has echoed Donald Trump with a call to build a ‘great’ wall to stop immigrants coming to Spain.
Santiago Abascal called for a ‘insurmountable wall’ to be built at the borders of Spain’s north African enclaves to halt the ‘wave of illegal immigrants.’
Abascal argued Morocco should pay for the wall and soldiers at the borders should be given the ‘necessary orders’ to defend them.
The 42-year-old said: “Morocco is the one who sends us waves of clandestine immigrants to blackmail the European Union.”
Abascal also accused NGOs of collaborating with the ‘mafia’ to rescue people from the African coast for ‘human trade.’
Polls suggest Vox could be the first far-right party since the 1970s to win seats in the Spanish parliament at the upcoming general election.
- Political leaders set for TV debate ahead of Spain’s election - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:57
- WATCH: Spanish Legion on the march as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil near Ronda - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:59
- IN PICS: Clouds clear as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil de las Bodegas - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:41
- PICTURED: Female squaddie accused of ‘glassing’ army pal in the throat at Magaluf club - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 13:13
- Rival footie fans launch ‘Benidorm or Bust’ charity race to Spain in aid of teenage cancer battle - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:25
- Expat sprayed with ‘devil’s breath’ date rape drug on Spanish island and forced to empty bank account - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 11:11
- Easter travel chaos in Spain avoided after pilot strike called off - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Spain pledges support for Paris in wake of Notre Dame inferno - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 11:57
- FLIGHT CHAOS: Travel strikes across Spain mean HUNDREDS of flights cancelled over Easter - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- International experts unlock secrets of ancient ‘Stonehenge’ in southern Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 15:42