KILLER expat Dave Mahon has lost his Supreme Court appeal over the length of his his seven-year manslaughter sentence.
The 46-year-old from Dublin had denied the murder of Dean Fitzpatrick, the older brother of missing teen Amy, on May 26 2013.
He claimed Dean died in an ‘attempted suicide’, by running onto his knife during a heated argument.
Mahon was found guilty of manslaughter and was sentenced to seven years in prison in June 2016.
But in the two-week trial, which finished on Thursday, Mahon was told that his sentence will still be upheld.
Mr Justice Peter Charleton said nothing in the case that required the revision of evidence.
“Absent an attack with deadly force and an action in self defence in extreme circumstances, there can never be an excuse for the production of a knife,” he said.
The judge said a ‘lenient’ view had been taken over Mahon brandishing a knife, in that, ‘a psychic assault and either an unfortunate spontaneous action or collision’ had occurred.
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20