WOLVERHAMPTON Wanderers were spotted training in Marbella ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Brighton.
The Midlands club jetted out to the exclusive Costa del Sol city last Saturday following their 3-1 loss to Southampton away at St Mary’s.
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is hoping that the warm-weather training break at the Marbella Football Center will provide a boost to his side’s hopes of a Europa League qualification spot.
Wolves lost the chance to qualify for the Europa League via the FA Cup after losing to Watford 3-2 in a thrilling semi final.
They can however still qualify for the competition by finishing seventh in the Premier League, despite currently sitting in eighth behind Leicester City.
“We had a good week of training sessions and, at the same time, some social time together,” said Espirito Santo, speaking about the Marbella trip.
Wolves’ last Marbella trip in February saw them dining at celeb hangout La Sala in Puerto Banus, but this time was a far more low-key affair.
The Premier League stars were largely kept hidden from the cameras, save for one eagle-eyed Wolves fan, Kay Fellows, 37, from Wolverhampton, who has an apartment in Mijas Costa.
Kay, her husband Ben, 39, and their two boys Hayden, 10 and Sonny 9 were lucky enough to snap their footie heroes as they trained at the Marbella ground.
“The security guard at the ground wouldn’t give anything away, just that Wednesday was their last day,” she said.
“We saw all the players,” added the mother-of-two, “except Neves who had just had a baby.”
Goalkeeper John Ruddy, defender Conor Coady and forward Raul Jimenez were among the Wolves stars pictured with Kay and her family before the squad flew back on Thursday.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35