WOLVERHAMPTON Wanderers were spotted training in Marbella ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Brighton.
The Midlands club jetted out to the exclusive Costa del Sol city last Saturday following their 3-1 loss to Southampton away at St Mary’s.
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is hoping that the warm-weather training break at the Marbella Football Center will provide a boost to his side’s hopes of a Europa League qualification spot.
Wolves lost the chance to qualify for the Europa League via the FA Cup after losing to Watford 3-2 in a thrilling semi final.
They can however still qualify for the competition by finishing seventh in the Premier League, despite currently sitting in eighth behind Leicester City.
“We had a good week of training sessions and, at the same time, some social time together,” said Espirito Santo, speaking about the Marbella trip.
Wolves’ last Marbella trip in February saw them dining at celeb hangout La Sala in Puerto Banus, but this time was a far more low-key affair.
The Premier League stars were largely kept hidden from the cameras, save for one eagle-eyed Wolves fan, Kay Fellows, 37, from Wolverhampton, who has an apartment in Mijas Costa.
Kay, her husband Ben, 39, and their two boys Hayden, 10 and Sonny 9 were lucky enough to snap their footie heroes as they trained at the Marbella ground.
“The security guard at the ground wouldn’t give anything away, just that Wednesday was their last day,” she said.
“We saw all the players,” added the mother-of-two, “except Neves who had just had a baby.”
Goalkeeper John Ruddy, defender Conor Coady and forward Raul Jimenez were among the Wolves stars pictured with Kay and her family before the squad flew back on Thursday.
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33