A BRITISH pensioner has called in police after being beaten up by Spanish taxi drivers.
The elderly man, who has terminal cancer, claims he suffered a nasty beating after accidentally reversing his car into a taxi in Alhaurin el Grande.
The bewildered expat was left with a large cut on his forearm after cabbies tried to wrestle his key from the ignition to prevent him driving off.
“They attacked him through the open window and knocked the key out of the ignition, breaking the fob into pieces,” said a friend, 50, who witnessed the attack.
It is believed the ‘territorial’ taxi drivers flew into a rage after they mistook the pensioner’s actions for a hit and run attempt.
- AND THEY’RE OFF: Expats across Spain head to the polls - 26 May, 2019 @ 15:34
- OPINION: The shock verdict that sees Westley Capper and Craig Porter ‘walk free’ is an insult to Agnese Klavina’s family - 25 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- ISIS video threatens tourists in Spain after death of British ‘punk rock jihadi’ - 24 May, 2019 @ 14:45
- ‘I HAVE DONE MY BEST’: Tearful Theresa May resigns as UK Prime Minister - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:57
- British woman dies on UK-bound flight at Mallorca airport moments before take-off - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:29
- Judge allows convicted British criminal to go on Spain holiday after taser and cocaine bust - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:56
- Mystery buzzing leads couple in southern Spain to 80,000 bees in their bedroom wall - 21 May, 2019 @ 10:58
- British toddler badly hurt in cliff fall after ‘slipping from mother’s arms’ at Mallorca beach - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:38
- British holidaymaker drowns off Costa del Sol while swimming at popular expat beach - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- British father fights for life in Spain after fall onto Costa del Sol motorway - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:11