A BRITISH woman has been airlifted to hospital after having her head smashed by a lorry door in Spain.
The 53-year-old has multiple injuries following the incident in Tenerife, which saw the truck’s back doors open on her head.
It is not known if the woman is a holidaymaker or expat on the Canary Island.
The incident took place in the Santiago del Teide area on Tuesday at around 2pm.
A spokesperson for the emergency coordination centre said: “A 53-year-old British woman who had suffered serious multiple injuries has been transferred by air ambulance to Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria University Hospital.”
The Guardia Civil are now investigating the incident, but there has not been an update from anyone involved since Wednesday.
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33