A HOMELESS man has been hospitalised after he was severely beaten up in a row over a gas stove.
Known as Vicente, the Spaniard sustained several broken ribs, black eyes, and numerous cuts and bruises.
Police believe another homeless man from Ubrique, who is on the run for previous attacks, was behind the shocking violence in Villamartin in Cadiz.
According to neighbours in the town, an argument broke out after Vicente, who is from Ceuta, refused to hand over a small gas stove to the attacker at his caravan.
In response to the incident, Vicente’s friend Atanasio Nuñez has raised €3,000 in just two days, in order to get his pal’s temporary home moved to a former Guardia Civil barracks.
“At least Vicente will have a roof and a door so nobody will attack him,” Nuñez said after he thanked the public for their generosity.
Local mayor Isidoro Gambin was among the contributors to the fund.
Vincente lives with his two pet dogs, and has turned down help from social services in the past, as he is happy with his lifestyle.
A local bar owner said: “Vicente is a very good person, very polite and helpful, and he does not mess with anyone even if he is drunk.”
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05