A PAIR of retired British pensioners are sounding the alarm after being robbed of €300 in a ‘bird poo’ attack.
David Knight, 79, and his wife of 56 years Eileen, 77, from Yorkshire, were walking home on the A-368 road towards Benalmadena when they were showered in a brown liquid.
A ‘Spanish’ passerby indicated it was bird droppings, and began to help them clean their clothes. But when David got home he realised all his cash had been removed from his wallet.
Eileen, a former teacher, thought she saw a woman on a ledge parallel to the road, who could have shot the substance at the couple.
Meanwhile, David believes that another man, leaning on a grey saloon car acted as a getaway driver.
“We both couldn’t believe what happened,” he told the Olive Press, “people should be aware of the ‘bird man’!”
Been a victim? Contact [email protected]
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35