POLICE have opened an investigation into how a six-year-old boy died in his family’s hot tub.
The little lad was found dead on Sunday after a family member alerted the Guardia Civil at around 3pm.
Agents, at the property in the Palomares del Rio area of Sevilla, confirmed his death before the corpse was removed at 6:10pm.
But initial autopsy reports suggest the child may not have drowned, but could have died from disease or other condition.
Despite paramedics arriving quickly, nothing could be done to save the boy, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The family are now being supported by mental health services following the tragic incident.
Initial reports appeared to suggest the boy had drowned.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35