THE grandmother of missing British lad Liam Poole has spoken of her and her husband’s heartbreak while appealing for information.
Kathy, also from Burgess Hill, said she ‘hopes and prays’ for news everyday and says the family just need some ‘peace of mind’.
Liam Poole, 22 and his dad Daniel Poole, 46, vanished from Estepona on April 1 during a six-day break.
“We are extremely worried for his safety,” Kathy told the Olive Press last night, “we would appreciate any information regarding his whereabouts or what happened to him.
“Everyday we hope and pray for news about them but nothing, not a single word or sighting.
“It’s the first thing we think about when we wake up and the last thing when we go to bed.
“Liam has been a big part of our lives and our whole family are devastated, it’s not like him to not keep in contact with his grandparents.”
Liam and Daniel disappeared from the Costa del Sol while reportedly staying at the Valle Romano Hotel in Estepona.
They left their passports and clothes in their hotel room and their rental car, a Peugeot 308, has not been found or tracked.
“Somebody must know something we would really appreciate it if they would come forward and tell the police what they know and give the family some peace of mind,” Kathy said.
She added that Liam is incredibly ‘special’ to the family.
“He’s our first grandchild, I saw him come into this world and he has spent so much time with us, from the moment he was born,” she said.
“He’s such a family oriented lad and always saw the best in people.
“He wears his heart on his sleeve…when his great grandparents were alive Liam spent so much time with them and when my dad was dying of cancer he spent day after day laying on the bed with him and reading and talking to him.”
It comes after the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team announced they are now working with Policia Nacional to help find the pair.
Detective Chief Inspector Emma Heater of Sussex Police said: “We are working closely with the Spanish Police.
“One possibility that must be considered, as they have not contacted family or friends, is that they have come to harm.
“Their family are very concerned about them as they last heard from them on April 1, the lack of contact is out of character for the pair.
“The family are being supported by family liaison officers and are being kept informed.
“We know that Daniel and Liam hired a grey Peugeot 308 car when they got to Spain but this has not been returned to the car hire firm.
“We would like to hear from anyone who has seen them, the car or has any information about their whereabouts in Spain or any other location since March 31.”
The brother of Daniel also recently detailed the family’s ongoing heartache back in Sussex.
Laurence Poole, 43, said he is fearing the worst while Daniel’s other two children, aged 19 and 17, are ‘absolutely terrified’.
“I’m beginning to fear the worst,” he told the Olive Press, “it’s been too long for them to be missing something’s not right.
“It’s so difficult because you want to be as positive as you can but you need to be realistic about the situation.”
He added that it was still a complete mystery as to what could have happened to his brother and nephew.
“I’ve got no clue as to what actually happened.
“There’s been so much speculation, people have told me he was there to buy a car and others said he was looking at a property along the Costa del Sol but we just don’t know.
“The police seem to have no answers yet or if they do they are remaining tight lipped.”
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35