THE wife of a convicted fraudster has sparked fury after a holiday pic of her on the Costa Blanca was posted with the caption: ‘Who says crime doesn’t pay?’
Lynne Graver snapped the pic just two weeks after husband Barry Spearing was jailed for six years over a multi-million pound investment scam.
The 54-year-old seemed unaffected by the misery her husband has caused, the photo shows a relaxed Ms Graver in Pilar de la Horadada, Alicante.
The friend who posted the photo said: “Loving my bestie staying with me Lynne Graver – laughing so much! Who says crime doesn’t pay.”
The comment was followed with three laughing emojis and the hashtag #lifeisgreat.
Elderly and vulnerable people were bombarded with cold calls by Spearing’s gang and pressured into making bogus investments.
One 83-year-old victim was conned out of more than €1.1 million and police have confirmed they are following the money trail.
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Peters said: “Confiscation proceedings are ongoing in relation to Barry Spearing.
‘This will include looking at what assets he has available, such as properties, cars and cash, and he benefited financially from the crimes he committed.”
Original reporting by John Siddle.
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28
- Royal Marines in Gibraltar detain oil tanker on way to Syria - 4 Jul, 2019 @ 09:50