The arrival of the Liverpool team in marbella pic.twitter.com/k3QPWRenFR
— Dieng (@Dieng94601871) May 20, 2019
LIVERPOOL FC has beefed up its security while training on the Costa del Sol this week.
The Reds are making sure there is no unwanted distractions while training at the Marbella Football Centre ahead of their Champions League final clash with Tottenham Hotspur.
The ground, based in San Pedro de Alcantara, is the same spot Jurgen Klopp chose to prepare the team ahead of their 2018 final in Kiev.
Yesterday morning saw the first of five planned sessions, but snapping photos has proven difficult due to extreme security measures.
According to Marca, no one is allowed within a shouting distance of the complex and a security cordon – around 50 metres in size – will be in place until the team leave on May 26.
There are also dozens of Policia Nacional agents patrolling the ground and the surrounding area.
To be extra cautious, an additional 50 security personnel have also been drafted in to make sure the facility is 100% safe.
The Champions League final will take place in Madrid on June 1.
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after riding on €23 million private jet ahead of Liverpool squad arrival for Champions League training
- EXCLUSIVE: Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels full as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend
- Liverpool back in Marbella for seven-day training camp ahead of Champions League final with Tottenham in Madrid
- WATCH: Liverpool fans in Spain caught pushing locals into fountain ahead of Barcelona Champions League clash
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26