ONE of Spain’s most-haunted buildings has become the scene of an illegal art exhibition by a notorious Swedish guerrilla artist.
The Preventoria Agua de Busot near Villajoyosa, built in 1865, is said to be haunted by spirits from when it was a tuberculosis hospital during the Spanish Civil War.
One of the many ghosts that have been filmed by paranormal TV shows is a woman burned alive by a brazier.
Now the anonymous artist Czon has placed ‘40-50 images’ around the ruined building, disused since the end of the Civil War.
“The art has been created as a homage to the supernatural spirits and ghosts, like as the white lady wandering this building,” Czon said.
“We have taken over the haunted stairway and made a free illegal art exhibition for all who dare to go there.”
It comes after the underground artist this month staged another illegal art show at the Sanatorium Sierra Espuna in Murcia, which was shut down by Guardia Civil.
Fences were installed around the Preventorio to stop paranormals and TV shows from investigating its legendary spectres.
“The exhibition will be open 24/7, until someone steals or trashes it,” said Czon.
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43
- WATCH: Woman leaps into sea as ‘Kontiki II’ ferry boat nearly smashes into 154-metre Balearia behemoth between Ibiza and Formentera - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:11
- Man starved dog to avoid ‘picking up its poo’ arrested on the Costa Blanca - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 18:45
- Spanish bar bills customer €10 for ‘taking the piss’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 15:08