A MAN in Gibraltar who died after his car plunged off a cliff into the sea has been named by police.
Felix Du Val, 24, died after the incident in the Sir Herbert Miles Road area on Friday at around 23:20pm.
Ambulance crews could not revive the young Liverpool fan, after he was pulled, unresponsive, from the severely damaged vehicle.
Earlier on Friday, Felix was seen enjoying himself in a swimming pool with a friend.
His family and girlfriend have been informed of his death and an RGP Family Liaison Officer is now providing them support.
A date for the Coroner’s Inquest has not yet been announced, while an RGP investigation is ongoing to establish the cause of the accident.
The road was closed for several hours after the incident while CSI officers and a traffic investigator was on the scene.
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40