A SPURS fan had the flight of his life on route to Spain after realising the Champions League Final flight was full of Liverpool supporters.
45-year-old Jason McAuley had expected to see a few fellow Tottenham fans on the Madrid bound flight – despite leaving from Liverpool’s John Lennon airport.
The Irish man described the flight as a ‘nightmare’ after he was ribbed endlessly by scores of rival fans.
“I honestly thought there would be a small group of Spurs fans on the flight, I couldn’t believe it was just me – nightmare.
“Liverpool fans know their football … so I think they’re pretty open to a bit of friendly banter and that was pretty much the way it was, so it was all good.
“I was getting battered by them, all flight. It was good-humoured, but it was brutal, ” said McAuley.
Among the Liverpool fans was Anfield Legend Jamie Carragher, who saw the funny side and posed for a photo with the outnumbered fan.
Antony Lockley, who was travelling with McAuley, said: “Jamie seemed very happy, very gregarious. The whole thing was great, really.”
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00