A BLAST of air from the Sahara desert will push temperatures up to 33 degrees this week on the Costa Blanca.
Temperatures will peak on Wednesday, with the coastal region of Alicante most hit by hot weather.
By Tuesday, however, Orihuela will already reach 33 degrees with Alcoy reaching 31 degrees and Denia reaching 29 degrees, according to Spanish state met agency AEMET.
The warm blast follows days of hot weather in the interior of Spain.
On Monday, Badajoz, Huelva and Andujar all saw the mercury hit 38 degrees, meanwhile Seville and Cordoba registered above 37 degrees.
The heat will fall back down to the mid-20s by Thursday.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43