FOREIGNERS retiring in Spain with a €1.1m nest egg can live for OVER four decades without running out of money.
Spain is the fourth most economical place to retire out of 14 countries studied in a poll.
In two set of results – based on basic or luxury budgets – Spain fared well, with pensioners able to live for 43 years on moving here.
Only Poland (at 64 years) and Portugal and Greece (at 48 years) offered better value, when taking into account average property prices, food and general living costs.
The calculation was based on the purchase of a 90 sqm apartment outside a city centre at the start of your retirement, according to fashion brand WITT.
And, if you wanted to opt for a luxury lifestyle, you would still get 29 years of bliss in Spain, as compared to just 17 years on a luxury budget in Denmark.
France proved the next most expensive place to live on a budget at just 28 years, followed by the UK, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands all on 29 years.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26