THIS summer will see a huge relative rise in employment on the Costa del Sol, a new report has said.
In Malaga there will be a 10% increase in seasonal work compared to the same period during 2018.
That is according to the Adecco Group, which said in its research that 24,886 new staff will be taken on in the province.
Waiters, hotel workers, salespeople, customer service staff, telemarketers and shop assistants, are among the most popular summer jobs.
Malaga will also have the third highest number of new employees in Andalucia after Sevilla with 36,874 and Cadiz, 25,309.
New sales roles taken up this summer will total 3,275, which is an increase of 10% compared with the same period last year.
“The boom in summer tourism coupled with the imminent sales campaign create a very favourable scenario for the creation of employment in very diverse sectors,” an Adecco spokesperson said.
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08