A DOCTOR’S note has gone viral on social media after it was so illegible the patient had to ask Twitter for assistance.
User Loeflingia posted a picture of the doctor’s note, which is made up of seven words that are completely indecipherable.
He asked the internet: “Can anyone say what the doctor has prescribed me? I think I’m going to need the Rosetta stone for this one.”
The post received humorous responses, saying it read ‘croquetas’, or that it was in ‘morse code’.
“It’s an invocation to Cthulu,” wrote one user, citing the fictional cosmic entity created by H.P. Lovecraft.
Eventually, Spanish healthcare professionals chimed in for support.
“After gathering five paediatricians in the dining room, and consulting with an expert committee of adult doctors from the next table, we have come to the conclusion that it is Emconcor Cor,” wrote Joserra.
It turns out that this refers to an asthma inhaler.
“If you do have asthma, your doctor perhaps is trying to kill you,” Joserra added.
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04