A DUTCH trucker has been arrested outside Malaga with more than 1,000 kilos of drugs hidden within his cargo.
The fifty-year-old lorry driver was picked up while on route to Malaga on the A-357 motorway after a surveillance operation by Policia Nacional.
Sniffer dogs alerted officers to the truck’s trailer where police discovered the 1,000 kilos of hashish and 225 of marijuana in hollowed out pallets.
Investigator had learnt every two months a lorry from the suspect’s Dutch haulage company would rendezvous with Moroccan hashish smugglers in Bajo Guadalhorce.
In addition to the hidden drugs, which had been destined for Holland, police also found close to €3,000 in cash in the lorry.
This arrest comes after the launch of Operation Coffee, a European wide operation against large-scale international drug trafficking.
- Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28