A RUSSIAN businessman has given the green light for a multi million euro rescue plan for Spain’s struggling supermarket chain Dia.
Mikhail Fridman has announced that his fund LetterOne will inject €500 million.
The billionaire is the chain’s largest shareholder with 69.7% of shares.
The supermarket chain will receive up to €871 million in total under the plan with bank loans topping up the capital investment provided by the Russian investor himself.
DIA group president Stephan DuCharme said: “The agreement with DIA’s creditors puts an end to a series of important initiatives to safeguard the company and place it on a stable basis for the creation of long-term value with all its stakeholders.”
It comes as Fridman also appeared to be cutting his ties with two Santander bankers, providing advice to Dia, according to El Confidencial.
The newspaper reported that LetterOne had cancelled the contracts of Guillermo de la Dehesa and Juan Rodríguez Inciarte.
- Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28