A BRITISH woman has tragically died after getting into a pool in Orihuela on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
Authorities are suspecting ‘heatstroke’ as the cause of death, according to Europa Press.
The incident happened last Friday at 12.30pm, at the Entrenaranjos urbanisation, when the woman suffered started suffering convulsions at the urbanisation’s pool.
An ambulance rushed to the scene, but after 45 minutes of CPR the woman could not be revived.
The woman reportedly suffered from epilepsy, according to Efe.
The woman’s body has been taken to Alicante’s Anatomical Forensic Institute for an autopsy.
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04
- Driver confuses Barcelona’s ‘busiest’ Metro entrance with car park and goes bumper-first down staircase - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:17
- Woman killed after firework ‘shot into her mouth’ and exploded at Spanish festival - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:06
- British man, 46, arrested after stabbing 20-year-old at 11AM in a bar in Alfaz del Pi on the Costa Blanca - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 17:45