SPAIN have beaten Germany 2-1 to claim a fifth European Under-21 Championship.
The final in Udine, Italy, saw Spain go one up through a Fabian Ruiz sizzling 25-yard hit after he latched onto Mikel Oyarzabal’s ball.
Dani Olmo then doubled Spain’s lead through a deft chip over stranded German goalkeeper Alexander Nubel.
A deflected effort from Nadiem Amiri was a late consolation for Germany, but came too late to have any real impact.
Spain took revenge with the win, after the same fixture in the 2017 final ended in victory for Germany.
It means Spain’s national team now equal the record set by Italy, with five U21 Euros.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36