THE UK and Spain have been revealed as the countries with the largest proportion of w**kers, according to recent statistics.
The countries topped sexual wellness company TENGA’s Self-Pleasure Report 2019, with 93% of Spaniards saying they had tried the illicit activity of masturbation.
The Iberian nation outcompeted second-place United Kingdom, which saw 91% of respondents saying they had performed the act.
The United Kingdom however engaged in the activity most frequently, with 61% of men doing it once a week – the most of any nation.
The results were based on 10,000 interviews men and women across nine countries.
China came last of the nine countries surveyed, with just 71% admitting to the practise.
Spain’s top results however was calculated from 95% of positive male responses, and 90% positive female responses.
The results also revealed that August was the month with most activity, and with the taboo self-pleasure occurring most frequently between 7:30pm and 11pm.
More than 70% of Spanish respondents said they considered it a form of ‘therapy’.
However, around a third of all Spaniards admitted to lying about their involvement with the practise, with women three percentage points more likely than men.
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04