26 Feb, 2023 @ 14:23
1 min read

Family exposed to toxic fumes in Palma, rushed to hospital

Log burning stove inside The Plough Inn, Ford, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK, October 2008.

Six people have been rushed to hospital with poisoning after being exposed to fumes from a butane stove in Palma. 

The four women and two men were treated at the Son Espases University Hospital on Tuesday night after suffering the ‘mild poisoning’ at a house in Son Sardina.

The Palma Fire Department ventilated the rooms in the house before anyone else was allowed back inside. 

The department urged residents to regularly check heating systems and stoves. 

They reminded people not to hang clothes near stoves, and that rooms with coal or wood heaters, as well as gas stoves must be ventilated. 

It was recommended homeowners place protection screens in front of fireplaces, and that devices were away from furniture and curtains.


Mg 2056 1024x709
Previous Story

Los Alcazares: Inside Spain’s largest urban-air museum

Digital Nomad
Next Story

Maggie Frappola at The Spanish Estate Agent on the lure of the new Digital Nomad visa

Latest from Balearic Islands

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press