A WOMAN has made a plea for an interpreter to aid her ill father’s understanding of a serious surgical procedure he will soon undergo.
The father of Maxine Horton, 61, from Ogarite, Almeria, is due to have a malignant carcinoma removed in Sevilla on June 17.
Herbert Carver, 87, is also facing the possibility of having his right arm amputated during his four-day stay at the hospital.
And Horton, originally from Dorset, hopes that someone may be able to make the complicated diagnoses understandable.
“I really need someone to come for the odd couple of hours on each day,” said Maxine.
“We are not talking about a tooth here, it is major surgery and I need someone to understand exactly what is going on for our piece of mind.”
If you can help please contact the Olive Press on 951 166 060
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00