A WOMAN has made a plea for an interpreter to aid her ill father’s understanding of a serious surgical procedure he will soon undergo.
The father of Maxine Horton, 61, from Ogarite, Almeria, is due to have a malignant carcinoma removed in Sevilla on June 17.
Herbert Carver, 87, is also facing the possibility of having his right arm amputated during his four-day stay at the hospital.
And Horton, originally from Dorset, hopes that someone may be able to make the complicated diagnoses understandable.
“I really need someone to come for the odd couple of hours on each day,” said Maxine.
“We are not talking about a tooth here, it is major surgery and I need someone to understand exactly what is going on for our piece of mind.”
If you can help please contact the Olive Press on 951 166 060
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58