IN further efforts to attract the pink pound, Torremolinos is holding a gay chess tournament.
With a top prize of 1500 euros, it seems it pays to be gay…and good at chess.
It comes in the same month that Torremolinos was declared the headquarters of a new ‘Gay State’ for Europe.
Following the symbolic hoisting of the ‘gay flag’ – in rainbow colours – the new state aims to become a world economic powerhouse.
Leader of the new gay republic Javier Checa hopes to unite the world’s estimated 55 million gay people and get them together to hold a strong economic sway.
The chess tournament will be held on October 16 and is part of the ExpoGays trade show at the Palacio de Congresos.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00