ONE of Andalucia’s most emblematic restaurants has fallen from the sky. Tragabuches – the first restaurant in Andalucia to be awarded a Michelin star – has been stripped of its accolade due to poor performance. This was despite it being much lauded by French culinary icon Jean-Christophe Novelli who sang its praises on numerous occasions.
Meanwhile, its former chef Dani Garcia, who earned the restaurant its first star, has moved on to bigger and better things. he now has two stars at his Marbella restaurant Calima.
There was also fabulous news for Cadiz fish restaurant Aponiente which won a much deserved first star in the latest round of nominations by the French food bible. Chef Angel Leon has made his name by cooking only with sustainable fish.
Meanwhile, the Santo restaurant in the EME Cathedral Hotel in Sevilla also joined the list of those awarded first stars. It is owner Martin Berasategui’s seventh restaurant in Spain to be awarded a star.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33