A BRITISH bar owner was horrified to wake up to find his car on fire in the sleepy mountain village of Jimera de Libar.
Paul Darwent, 55, who runs Bar Allioli, was woken at 3am, when he heard an explosion outside his house.
Darwent – who moved to Spain 12 years ago – said: “The fire brigade arrived quickly but it took a while to put out.”
He added: “There is practically nothing left of the car plus my cd’s, walking boots and other stuff.”
He has now reported the attack to police, who are investigating a number of neighbours. It is not known if it is linked to an ongoing feud with a rival kiosk owner.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46