FORMER Ronda mayor, Antonio Marín Lara, has been released on bail and given 15 days to pay up 150,000 euros.
‘Toti’, who was arrested on Tuesday with six other people in the latest municipal corruption case ‘Operation Acinipo’, was freed on Thursday after questioning by the judge.
The group – which also includes the secretary of the PSOE party Francisco Canestro and two former councillors Maria Jose Martin de Haro and Rafael Lara – have racked up a lengthy charge sheet between them including perversion of the course of justice, bribery, money laundering, misappropriation of public funds and influence peddling.
The other six suspects have also now been released with their bail due to be set today.
Meanwhile, two more people are being questioned at courts in Madrid and Valencia and face similar charges.
All charges are linked to urban planning discrepancies including the passing of controversial golf development Los Merinos two years ago.
The double golf course scheme with 800 houses and three luxury hotels was given permission by the town hall despite it being sited inside a Unesco-protected zone and failing to get a permit for water.
The investigation continues.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46