BRITISH rock band Coldplay kicked off their European tour by performing to thousands of fans in Madrid’s bull ring, while millions more streamed the concert live on YouTube.
The group – promoting their new album Mylo Xyloto – chose film-maker Anton Corbijn to direct the gig, which included a stunning light show.
The band mixed classics including Yellow, Politik and The Scientist, with tracks from their new record including Paradise.
“We decided we’d like to do a concert which we’d broadcast on YouTube live around the world and just looked for some of the most beautiful buildings we could find and this is what we came up with, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world,” singer Chris Martin said after the show.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02