- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Crazy Cantona in for a bit of bullfight bloodletting
• The Frenchman looked 'scruffy', a source said
EXCLUSIVE By Eloise Horsfield
HE is famous for jumping off the pitch to lay into an obnoxious footie fan.
Well now Eric Cantona has come along for a bit of classic Spanish bloodletting!
The Frenchman, a former Manchester United player who turned to acting after retiring from the pitch, was spotted dining at the 17th century El Rinconcillo restaurant and bodega in Sevilla yesterday.
“Yes, he was here,” said a restaurant employee.
“He came in at midday. He was probably here for a bullfight – that’s what he usually comes for.”
“He looked very scruffy,” said another source. “Not what you expect from a Frenchman!”
And while rumour has it the 45-year-old is staying at the five-star EME Catedral Hotel, staff there were unable to confirm or deny this.
“I’m not allowed to say anything as we have to respect the privacy of our clients,” said a receptionist.
Cantona will be back in Andalucia in the autumn to discuss his role as an Interpol agent in new Costa gangster movie Shill, also starring another British footballer-turned-actor, Vinnie Jones.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…