EXCLUSIVE By Eloise Horsfield
HE is famous for jumping off the pitch to lay into an obnoxious footie fan.
Well now Eric Cantona has come along for a bit of classic Spanish bloodletting!
The Frenchman, a former Manchester United player who turned to acting after retiring from the pitch, was spotted dining at the 17th century El Rinconcillo restaurant and bodega in Sevilla yesterday.
“Yes, he was here,” said a restaurant employee.
“He came in at midday. He was probably here for a bullfight – that’s what he usually comes for.”
“He looked very scruffy,” said another source. “Not what you expect from a Frenchman!”
And while rumour has it the 45-year-old is staying at the five-star EME Catedral Hotel, staff there were unable to confirm or deny this.
“I’m not allowed to say anything as we have to respect the privacy of our clients,” said a receptionist.
Cantona will be back in Andalucia in the autumn to discuss his role as an Interpol agent in new Costa gangster movie Shill, also starring another British footballer-turned-actor, Vinnie Jones.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10