- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Ciudad Real airport shuts after just three years
• The airport cost a whopping 1.1 billion euros to build
A COSTLY private airport used by Prince Harry on a hunting trip has closed after just three years in operation.
An investigation has been launched after 1.1 billion euro Ciudad Real airport was forced to close.
It had hoped to welcome 2.5 million passengers over five years after opening in December 2008. But just 407 jets took off or landed there between October 2011 and February 2012.
Since Vueling withdrew in December the only planes using the airport have been private.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…