LOCAL artists in Gaucin are once again putting down their brushes and inviting the public into their studios.
Marking the eighth Open Studio event a total of 13 artists – that range from professional to self-taught – are opening their doors to those looking to buy and those who are simply looking.
“The creative process is often a lonely one and the artists look forward to the culmination of a year’s work when they are able to display their creations and receive your opinions and, hopefully, appreciation,” explains Irish artist Anna McGrane.
“Be it painting, photography or ceramics there will be something to inspire and interest everyone.”
The open studio event will take place in Gaucin from May 31 to June 3.
Gaucin’s first ever Artisan Market will also be held in conjunction with Art Gaucin on June 2 to 3 at the Convento, with stalls selling a variety of clothes, wine and crafts from local craftsmen.
For more information visit www.artgaucin.com
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10