- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Would you like fries with your car wash?
• An offer that cannot be refused
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
AN enterprising businessman has sprouted a novel idea to attract customers to his car wash and help local businesses.
Among a series of daily offers Segundo Martin, the manager of the Garaje Espronceda in Madrid, has begun giving drivers a sack of spuds, or a bottle of Rioja, to entice them in.
“We have had fewer customers for some time and were only cleaning 15 cars a day compared to the previous 20.
We had to do something as five families live from this business,” said Martin, who negotiated with local businesses for discounts and sent his clients on to them to collect their gifts.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]