A MURDER investigation is underway after a Spanish student was decapitated in a brutal attack.
The man, thought to be studying English, was apparently hacked to death at a flat in Bournemouth.
Armed police were called after a young woman failed to get a response after calling at the property, while neighbours reported hearing screams before the discovery.
A trail of blood was found leading away from an alleyway next to the building and a blood-soaked man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of murder half an hour later outside a private hospital.
Phillip Ellison, who runs a wine bar below the flat, said: “All I know is that a guy has been murdered and it was said he had been decapitated.
“As far as I know the victim was Spanish and he might have been here as a language student.”
A woman who works in the nearby hospital saw the man being arrested. She said: “I saw a man covered in blood and the police were holding him down.
“He was lying on the ground on his side; it looked like he had blood on his knees.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02